I first tried a similar salad at Urban Fare. It was delicious, minus the crappy canola mayonnaise. This recreation uses homemade olive oil mayo and, of course, way more curry :)
- 1 roasted chicken, cubed
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 cup homemade olive oil mayonnaise
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 onion or a couple of shallots, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine all the ingredients except for the lettuce in a large bowl – make sure the curry thoroughly coats all the chicken.
2. Serve chicken salad over lettuce.