|Photo by: Antonio CE.|
2) Coming soon to a Whole Foods near you – fake chicken unlike any other currently available, with the texture of real chicken. Made mostly of soy, of course. My opinion? Either eat meat. Or stick to veggies. Stop trying to create meat from veggies.
3) The colouring agent of Coke and Pepsi – the stuff that makes cola brown is a carcinogen. Coke and Pepsi are now changing their recipes. Not because of the link between the caramel coloring ingredient and cancer. But to avoid having to print cancer warnings on their products. Except they’re not even discontinuing the use of 4-methylimidazole, they’re only asking their caramel manufacturers to modify their production process to reduce the amount of 4-MEI in the caramel. Nice.
4) More bad news about soy – a study was done to discover if Monsanto’s genetically modified (GM) soy, grown on 91% of US soybean fields, leads to problems in growth or reproduction.
After feeding hamsters for two years over three generations, those on the GM diet, and especially the group on the maximum GM soy diet, showed devastating results. By the third generation, most GM soy-fed hamsters lost the ability to have babies. They also suffered slower growth, and a high mortality rate among the pups.
Researchers in a relatively new field are looking at the role of industrial chemicals and non-caloric aspects of foods — called obesogens — in weight gain.
“I freely admit to being wrong. As a heart surgeon with 25 years experience, having performed over 5,000 open-heart surgeries, today is my day to right the wrong with medical and scientific fact……The injury and inflammation in our blood vessels is caused by the low fat diet recommended for years by mainstream medicine. ”
7) How Exercise Can Change Your DNA. Scientists discover that physical activity leads to beneficial changes in gene activity, even after a single workout.
8) Some experts feel that almost everyone has been exposed to Lyme disease and may have it in one way, shape or form. One doctor’s treatment involves reducing exposure to EMF.
The increased virulence of Lyme disease is likely related to the dramatic increase in electromagnetic fields and microwave radiation. Therefore, EMF and microwave radiation mitigation are recommended as part of the standard treatment protocol.
New research shows that when we eat we’re consuming more than just vitamins and protein. Our bodies are absorbing information, or microRNA.
Chinese researchers have found small pieces of rice ribonucleic acid (RNA) in the blood and organs of humans who eat rice. The Nanjing University-based team showed that this genetic material will bind to receptors in human liver cells and influence the uptake of cholesterol from the blood.