Forget popcorn and potato chips. These are now my go to movie night snack. They’re salty, savory, crunchy, and completely guilty free (AIP-friendly!). Every time I have these, I can’t believe how good they are. And so simple and quick to make, too. You can flavor them however you’d like. After trying several different variations, my favourite is still the classic: salted.
- Coconut flakes (the bigger, the better)
- salt (or flavoring of choice, e.g. cinnamon, curry powder, garlic powder, etc. – I’ve even tried cocoa)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Spread the coconut flakes in a single layer on the baking sheet.
4. Place the coconut flakes in the oven. Watch them closely – they will start to brown in as little as 2-3 minutes. Keep an eye on them – remove from the oven as soon as flakes become golden brown, but before they starting burning.
5. Allow the coconut chips to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet – this helps them crispen up.
6. Sprinkle generously with flavoring of choice, transfer to serving bowls and serve.