Paleo breakfasts are enough of a departure from the Standard American Diet breakfast of cereals, toast, and pastries. But throw eggs out for an elimination or Autoimmune Protocol diet, and you’re really left scratching your head. Fear not. These scrumptious lamb patties go down so easy you’ll be wishing every meal was breakfast. And with these it can be. I liked the cute miniature size for brekkie, but if you prefer, you can make them into regular sized patties for lunch or dinner. Either way, these juicy and flavorful patties are bound to please.
(makes 12 mini patties: 4-6 servings)
- 1.5lbs ground lamb
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom
- 2 tsp. cumin
- fat of choice: coconut oil/ghee/tallow
1) Heat fat in large pan over medium high heat.
2) Fry the onion, ginger, garlic, and spices until onions are soft (5-8 minutes).
3) Take onions off frying pan and allow to cool.
4) Mix the onion mixture with ground lamb by hand, just until combined (don’t overwork the meat).
5) Gently shape the ground lamb into patties.
6) Heat fat in pan.
7) Fry the patties 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through to desired level of doneness. I prefer medium-well (approx. 150°F – can check doneness with meat thermometer).
(free of: gluten, grains, eggs, dairy, nightshades, sugar)