This is a quick summer dessert you can “whip” up in no time. Really, you could enjoy it year-round, with whatever fruit is available, or even frozen/thawed fruit if you’d like. What makes this particular parfait special is the spiked whipped cream. In the past, I’ve been known to consume it on its own as “spiked cream” (a lazy indulgence), but I’ve always suspected that layering it with fruit would make it infinitely better – I was right. There’s no “perfect” way to make these parfaits – use whatever you fancy or happen to have on hand, and don’t sweat the proportions. Enjoy!
- 250ml heavy cream (preferably organic)
- 2 tsp. honey
- 2 tsp. cocoa powder
- 1 shot liquor of choice, optional (I highly recommend Patron XO Café)
- approx. 4 cups mixed berries or fruit (whatever’s in season)
1. Chill bowl that you will use for whipping cream in freezer for minimum 10 minutes.
2. Prepare fruit by slicing/chopping if they are large.
3. In chilled bowl, combine heavy cream, honey, and cocoa powder. Whip cream with hand mixer until soft peaks form. The whipped cream should be light and fluffy – do not over beat or you will end up with butter. Nothing wrong with butter, just not what we’re after for this dessert.
4. If using liquor, pour it over the whipped cream and gently fold it in with a spatula just until combined. I’ve read that you can add the liquor to the cream before whipping, but I’ve always had good results with adding it in afterwards.
5. Layer fruit and cream in serving glasses.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please take a second to share it via Twitter/Facebook/etc. using the buttons below. Thanks!