Using a fatty Greek yogurt as a salad dressing makes this chicken salad extra creamy. Plus, it’s nice to shake things up and use something other than mayo or a vinaigrette. Texturally, the smooth yogurt is a great contrast to the crunchy walnuts, apples, and grapes. Having said that, I’ve made this salad with a paleo mayo before, and it was also very tasty – so feel free to sub if you’re avoiding dairy. Makes for a great lunch served over your favourite lettuce!
- 1 roasted chicken, cubed
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, cored, cut into 1/2” cubes
- 2 cups red seedless grapes, halved if large
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped shallot
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 container of plain full fat Greek yogurt (I like Greek Gods)
1. Combine all ingredients except yogurt and lettuce.
2. When ready to serve, combine each serving with approximately 1 heaping tablespoon of yogurt (don’t pre-mix with the yogurt ahead of time). Stir well to combine.
3. Serve over lettuce of choice.