Do you ever peek into other people’s shopping carts, or gawk at their purchases at the check-out? Do you then try to figure out what kind of diet, if any, they’re on? Followed perhaps by a quick glance at the shopper to evaluate the success of that diet?
Somehow I doubt I’m the only one… In which case, you might find my weekly shopping loot interesting (Oops! Forgot to take a photo while the groceries were in the cart).
Even more nosy? ;) Here are the details:
- organic eggs
- plain roasted chicken
- organic apples
- plain full-fat Greek yogurt (they ran out of my favourite brand: Greek Gods)
- organic lemon
- organic butter lettuce
- organic grapes
- Clover Leaf Brisling sardines
- Cows Creamery Unsalted Butter (first time trying it)
- organic walnuts
- juice-sweetened cranberries (sadly, I haven’t been able to find ones without sunflower oil)
- chocolate dipped macaroon (cheat – contains sugar)
Notes: These groceries were bought at Whole Foods and will feed 2 people for dinner, and 1 for lunch. Not shown: 28 day aged prime rib being pulled from the freezer (conventional, bought on sale at Urban Fare). The apples and grapes are for the Waldorf Chicken Salad.